Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Welcome to Wherever You Are

Hello everyone, welcome aboard the steel horse that’s riding through the interweb, providing interesting information and facts you may not know in relation to some of Bon Jovi’s greatest ever songs. Starting from their inspiration for their songs, to where they were first penned, to who has dared to cover them - this blog has got it all.

Some of you may wonder, why bother? There’s Wikipedia, isn’t there? There’s YouTube isn’t there? Yes, there is. But this is different. Anyone can pop along to this page, leave comments, feedback and send on any advice or information they have on any of these songs, especially if I make a mistake (which hopefully I won’t as that would really taint my reputation as being one of Ireland’s biggest Jovi fans!)

Additionally, all of the posts I write and publish here will be easily accessible, searchable and won’t be scattered about the internet, as that is par for the course of each individual song Jovi have done.

Even though this blog will be (mostly!) Jovi related, I will post about other things - little snippets about my own life, my hobbies and links to other blogs and websites that may be of interest to the readers.

This blog will be a learning curve for me too. I’m not doing this just because I love singing along to Bon Jovi’s classics ( or perving on them!!), I’m doing this because personally, I want to learn more about them, the background of their songs and what truly inspires them as individuals. I am a die-hard Bon Jovi fan, any of my friends will most definitely vouch for that. If one of their song titles is said in conversation, I’m the one who shouts out “That’s a Jovi song!” or if we are at a party or wedding, I will *always* ask the DJ to play some Jovi – it’s a given! I know the words to all of their songs (almost!), I brag to *everyone* about how amazing they are!!!

I have only been to one of their concerts (27th June 2008, Twickenham Stadium, London, UK) but this does not mean I am any less of a fan than someone who has seen them since they started touring way back in the late 80s.

For starters, I was born in 1990 so it would have been quite a challenge for me to attend gigs back then! I was meant to go their gig in Croke Park in Dublin in 2006 and in Punchestown in 2008 but unfortunately, education came first...!! Believe me, I was not impressed!!! However, to show how much I love them, I have entered so many competitions to see them!! Prior to their 13 night stint at the 02 arena in London, UK, a local radio station here in Ireland was running a competition to win tickets to the opening night. But it was not just tickets, oh no!! It was so much more! There were flights, accommodation, tonnes of merchandise, pre-show dinner, after party access and seats in the pit!! A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. All that you needed to do was wait for a Bon Jovi song to be played on the radio and just text in (as many times as you wanted!) and pray that you got a phone call back! Ironically, the song played was Bed of Roses (some of you reading this will know this is my all-time favourite Jovi song and it holds a lot of memories for me). So, when I heard the opening keys being played by the sexiest keyboard (and accordion) player around, my phone almost had a meltdown! I texted in constantly for the entire length of the song until my fingers hurt! Over all, I text in over 70 times, spent over 10euro on credit and was left physically shaking. I *had* to win. But, as often happens, I didn’t. I was gutted but life does go on.

Now over a year and a half later, I’m looking forward to three possible gigs in June. I am most definitely attending their 2 Dublin gigs on June 29th and 30th in the RDS (Golden Circle :) ) and am currently first in a contest to win tickets to their show on the 22nd June in Murrayfield in Edinburgh, Scotland (I will be posting about that too in another post!). I’m a Jovi nutter and I am damn proud to be one!!

Again, even if you don’t have any interest in Bon Jovi, do check in and read my posts, they won’t *all* be about Bon Jovi! This emporium of facts and trivia on Bon Jovi and their music will be something that all Jovi fans will love, I have no doubt. And don’t worry! There will be pictures of our favourite guys too! Maybe even some videos ;)

Keep an eye out for my next blog post, it will be about one of Bon Jovi’s greatest ever singles, a song that you will always be guaranteed to hear the fans singing along to: Wanted Dead or Alive.

Until then though, have a nice day ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment